Translation: Place right foot at root of left thigh and place left leg by side of right knee. Hold left leg with right hand, twist the body and remain steady. This asana is matsyendranasana.
- Increases gastric fire, destroys the hosts of severe diseases.
- Arouses kundalini, offers stability to the spine
- Increases flexibility of the spine
- Improves functioning of the spinal cord
- Massages internal organs and stimulate digestion and elimination processes
- Regulates the secretion of bile and adrenaline
- Opens the chest and increases oxygen to the lungs
- Releases tension and stiffness in hips, back, arms, shoulders and neck
- Corrects postural alignment
- Benefits persons with diabetes, constipation, anorexia, urinary tract disorders, menstrual issues and indigestion
- Calms the mind and relieves stress, anxiety, depression