Place both the palms on the ground. Place both elbows on the side of the navel. Stand on the hands lifting body in air with legs on the side. When mayura is practiced on both the sides, it is called parsva mayurasana. See illustration above.
- Stimulates digestive organs and increases the metabolic process
- Useful for constipation, flatulence, diabetes, kidney, spleen, sluggish liver
- Balances the endocrine system
- Balances all 3 doshas.
- Strengthens all muscles of the body
- Stimulates detoxification process and clears skin conditions
- Awakens kundalini energy