(HR-III. 66-67), (GhS-II.26)
Translation : Stretch both legs on the ground. Hold toes by respective hands and put forehead on the knees. .
Benefit : Stimulates gastric fire, reduces the belly, causes prana to flow through central channel, susumna. Tones up nerves supplying the pelvic organs. Brings good health.
- Improves the flexibility of of the hips, buttocks, hamstring, calves and back
- Stretches the back side of the body from head to ankles
- Contracts the muscles on the front of body
- Engages the abdominals and thorax (neck to diaphragm)
- Improves respiration
- Improves secretion of abdominal glands
- Improves blood circulation in the back and tones spinal nerves
- Activates Kundalini Shakti energy
- Increases digestive fire
- Reduces visceral fat
- Purifies the nadis
- Removes abdominal disorders like enlargement of the spleen, digestion issues, constipation, colitis and contributes to the feeling of well-being