(HMY IV- 132)
Translation: When the buttocks touch the heels, it is called Utkatikāsana, but when the heals do not touch the ground, it is Goddhikāsana. Encycl. SnS, AHAI-p12, YP-XV, 70-71 HMY- IV.132 One sits on ground with knees folded an projected forward. Heels and toes touch the ground.
- This pose strengthens the abdominals, back, inner thighs and arches of feet
- It engages the moola bandha
- Lifts and lengthens the spine
- Develops balance and relaxation
- Harmonizes the mind and body
- Creates a complete energy circuit