Translation : Take up kukkutasana position, and hold both shoulders with the hands like a tortoise, and hold the asana in sitting position.
- Opens and stretches the buttocks, groin, hamstrings knees, upper back and neck
- Strengthens the abdominals, low back, neck and biceps
- Engages the uddiyana bandha
- Increases gastric fire which digests ama (undigested toxic food)
- Stimulates digestion, assimilation and elimination processes
- Stimulates the thyroid and parathyroidglands
- Relief from fever and other such diseases