Translation: The position in which one is indifferent towards the body (and in which) one is either seated or standing with both the arms hanging down, that is called Kāyotsarga. Take a distance of three inches (4 digits) and of about one inch (2 digits) between the heels and stand straight with the hands hanging down on the sides. Direct the gaze at heart region and engage in recitation of mantras forgetting body sense.
- Focuses on the heart region while reciting a mantra
- Creates a lightness of being and energizing effect
- One begins to lose the idea that they are in a body
- Natural alignment happens as the body relaxes from the grip of the mind
- Brings in a state of restful awareness
- Lifts and lengthens the spine